There are many more programs available out there to support you. These resources are free to use, and can help you make important education, training or career planning decisions: job search websites, career exploration tools, educational resources and links to community services.
- Ontario Job Futures provides information on current trends and future outlooks for around 200 occupations common in Ontario.
- Employment Profile provides information about graduate outcomes and satisfaction to help people choose programs at Ontario’s publicly-funded colleges.
- Ontario Skills Passport provides descriptions of essential skills and work habits important for success in work, learning and life.
- Youth Employment Services provides innovative programs that empower disadvantaged and vulnerable youth to become self-sufficient.
- TRACKS is a community based, not-for-profit providing career services aimed at Job Seekers and Employers. We connect individuals looking for work with employers looking to hire.
JOB SEARCH ENGINES
- Job Bank provides job postings curated by the Government of Canada, searchable by your region.
- Monster provides part-time and full-time job opportunities.
- Indeed provides part-time and full-time job opportunities.
- UpWork connects businesses of all sizes to freelancers, independent professionals, and agencies for all their hiring needs.
- Charity Village is the top Canadian source for Canada non-profit news, non-profit jobs, non-profit funding, non-profit training and more.
- TalentEgg provides Canadian students and new graduates seeking internships, entry level jobs & summer jobs.
- Canada Government provides jobs and opportunities for Canadian students and new graduates.
- CareerBuilder is an employment website founded in 1995 and with offices in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia.
- Glassdoor.ca where current and former employees anonymously review companies.
- Jobillico Canadian based job search website.
- LinkedIn is mainly used for professional networking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their CVs
- Eluta is the official job search engine of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project
- Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program is a School to Work program that opens the door for students to explore and work in apprenticeship occupations starting in Grade 11 or Grade 12 through the Cooperative Education program.
- Ontario Internship Program invests in committed, talented graduates seeking a great opportunity to start and accelerate their careers. It’s a paid developmental opportunity to grow top talent while delivering important public services to the people of Ontario.
- Jooble lets you explore all the current vacancies from all the top employers and the leading job boards in Canada and abroad..
- Apprenticeship Ontario take classes and learn your trade by working under the direction of experienced workers – and get paid while you do it. Find out how to qualify, find a sponsor or employer to hire you, or get money or grants to help you pay for apprenticeship training and tools.
- Post-Secondary Ontario The low-down about learning at Ontario’s 20 public universities, 24 colleges or 400+ registered private career colleges.
- Sheridan College Whether you choose policing or programming, musical theatre or marketing, building a resourceful and flexible mind will help you excel in your career and inspire real change that benefits your life and community.
- University of Toronto U of T Mississauga is the second largest division of the University of Toronto, Canada’s largest university.
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board provides continued education and online courses. Registrations are open!
- Peel District School Board provides a variety of adult programs are available during the day, at night and on the weekend, so you can continue learning at a time that’s best for you.
- Volunteer MBC our services and programs aim to create a community united by volunteerism where people truly care for each other. Connect with us and you’ll have a friend for life.
- Volunteer Toronto is Canada’s largest volunteer centre with over 40 years of experience connecting volunteers to the organizations that need them.
NETWORKING / MENTORSHIP
- Magnet Today helps communities share information, services, and opportunities nationwide. Magnet delivers the right information and opportunities to the right people at the right time.
- The Hip Haus is an organization that exists to empower young professionals throughout Toronto and help the growth of local business.
- Mississauga Board of Trade MBOT’s large, diverse and active membership has made us one of the most vibrant business associations in Canada.