Our Place Peel
Our Place Peel provides youth between the ages of 16-21 with emergency shelter. They provide a warm bed, a hot meal and counselling for those who are in need. They are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week and welcome youth at any time.
20-bed emergency youth shelter provides crisis counseling and referral services within a supportive environment for young people (16-21yrs). The shelter, located in Mississauga, offers assistance by trained staff (Mon-Sun 24 hours). The length of stay is three weeks.
The goals of the Emergency Youth Shelter are:
* To provide safe shelter and crisis counseling to homeless youth within their community, enabling them to remain close to family, friends, school and employment contacts.
* To facilitate family reconciliation, if feasible.
* To make referrals to ongoing clinical support and necessary counseling.
* To help youth take responsibility for themselves, their actions, behavior and future within a supportive environment.
* To offer Outreach services for youth 16-24 in need of supports to prevent homelessness, or those who are experiencing unstable living situations.
* To offer a Family Reconciliation Program, that helps youth and their families work though breakdown to avoid or prevent homelessness.
Provides access to a Resource Room offering: Computer and Internet Access; Job Search Support; Job Skills Training and Development; Educational and Future Planning.
|ADDRESS||3579 Dixie Rd Mississauga, ON L4Y 2B3|